The BC Children's Health Promotion and Schools Team and Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre provide resources and information to people working to support mental health in the school community including teachers, counsellors, administrators, district staff, community partners and public health professionals.
The Schools team’s work involves:
- Supporting with school mental health promotion planning and implementation
- Helping to support school and system wide changes to promote mental health and well-being
- Helping school professionals move to action based on available student well-being data
- Providing evidence based mental health promotion and social emotional learning resources, information and tools to school professionals across BC
- Connecting school communities with other mental health and wellness programs and initiatives in BC
- Developing customized professional learning opportunities - for examples see here
- Sharing resources and support for parents and caregivers via the Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre
- Offering support for school counsellors and psychologists who are providing mental health and substance use care to students through the Compass Mental Health Program
For an overview of the supports and resources we offer to school communities and how to contact us, please see here.
Join the BC Children's Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre, in partnership with SEL BC, for a free two-part webinar series for current and future teachers, counsellors, and other educators exploring ways to bring a cultural lens to our SEL practice.