Need urgent help?
If you, your child, or someone you care about is having a mental health or substance use crisis:
- Call 911 or go to your local hospital’s emergency room if you are in need of immediate help
- Call 1-800- SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) anytime if you are concerned about someone who may be considering suicide
These are a few examples of situations when you should seek immediate help:
- The child or youth is thinking about or trying to end their life
- The child or youth is experiencing sensations that aren’t real and/or beliefs that can’t possibly be true
- The child or youth is unable to care for themselves, and it’s putting them at risk of serious harm
- The child or youth is experiencing an alcohol or drug overdose
- The child or youth is taking a dangerous combination of substances (like medications and alcohol)
For non-urgent support options, explore our Ask Kelty Mental Health tool. You’ll find answers to common questions families have about accessing mental health supports and services in BC for their child or youth.