Need urgent help?
If you, your child, or someone you care about is having a mental health or substance use crisis:
- Call 911 or go to your local hospital’s emergency room if you are in need of immediate help
- Call 1-800- SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) anytime if you are concerned about someone who may be considering suicide
These are a few examples of situations when you should seek immediate help:
- The child or youth is thinking about or trying to end their life
- The child or youth is experiencing sensations that aren’t real and/or beliefs that can’t possibly be true
- The child or youth is unable to care for themselves, and it’s putting them at risk of serious harm
- The child or youth is experiencing an alcohol or drug overdose
- The child or youth is taking a dangerous combination of substances (like medications and alcohol)
For non-urgent phone, email, or in-person support options, visit our Find Help page.