Mental Health and Well-being in Schools Framework
This framework was collaboratively developed by a working group of the BC School Centred Mental Health Coalition. The purpose of the framework is to support people who support the well-being and mental health of children and youth to understand and communicate a whole school community approach. The model can be used to situate and contextualize efforts to support mental health and well-being and show how they fit together to support all students. It can be used as a tool to identify different efforts and practices currently in place while also looking at the bigger picture.
The Coalition has hosted a number of webinars over the years. Webinar recordings and accompanying materials are available below.
Compassionate Systems Leadership
This webinar asked the question, "how will we collectively lead a return to school that promotes mental health and well-being throughout the system?" The webinar focused on the three core elements of compassionate systems leadership: personal mastery, systems thinking, and reflective conversations.
- Panelists: Joanne Schroeder and Pippa Rowcliffe, UBC Human Early Learning Partnership; and David DeRosa
- Moderators: Gail Markin and Michelle Cianfrone
- Webinar Recording, Slides, Full Report (Fragmentation to Alignment), and Report appendices.
Anchoring Resilience in Turbulent Times
This webinar created opportunities for dialogue about how we can move from reacting to reframing resistance to manifesting resilience. Together, we can plan for the next stage of our journey.
- Facilitator: Connie Easton, Coordinator Mental Health, SEL and Counselling, SD38 Richmond
- Webinar Recording and Slides
Staff Wellbeing: We All Have a Role to Play
Staff well-being is a shared responsibility between employees and the school district that employs them. In this webinar we explored how we can improve the well-being of the adults in schools through individual, collaborative and systemic actions. Hear from districts across BC.
- Facilitator: Charlie Naylor, Educational Consultant
- Webinar Recording, Slides, and Resource List.