This workshop will provide participants with tools, knowledge and some expertise on how to assist clients who are suffering from trauma, and understand how trauma impacts the healing process. Research supports that knowledge of Trauma-Informed care is critical to helping clients move through barriers to healing.
- The Neurobiology of Trauma
- Signs and Symptoms of Trauma
- Trauma and the Body: the Human 'Threat-Response Cycle'
- Creating a Safe Space for Trauma Healing
- Brief Overview of Therapeutic Models that are Congruent with a Trauma-Informed Practice and Facilitate the Healing Process.
- Window of Tolerance and Titration
- How Emotion and Trauma Memory is Discharged from the Body
- Triggers and How to Release Limiting Beliefs.
- Helping Clients Build Resilience and the Role of Lifestyle in Healing