If you, your child, or someone in your care is having a mental health or substance use crisis:
- Call 911 or go to your local hospital’s emergency room
- Call the Crisis Line at 310-6789 or the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) for confidential, non-judgmental and free support available 24/7
- Call the YouthinBC 24/7 crisis line at 1-866-661-3311, or access their online chat with trained volunteers 12pm – 1am daily
- Contact a Child & Adolescent Mental Health Crisis Response Team (contact information for each Health Authority available in the 'Help Finder' tool)
- Child and Youth Mental Health Teams provide early identification, intervention, assessment and treatment to BC families.
- HealthLinkBC includes a directory of BC health services.You can speak to a nurse, dietitian or pharmacist by dialing 811.
- BC 211 is a free directory of services in your area. Confidential, multilingual and available 24/7 by dialing 211.
- BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) for more information about inpatient and outpatient programs and services provided by BCMHSUS. All inpatient and outpatient programs and services provided by BCMHSUS are by referral only with the exception of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Emergency Unit.
Help Finder Tool
For a full listing of emergency and non-emergency options in BC, use the ‘Help Finder' tool to assist you in navigating the mental health system. This tool is meant to help link you to the resources you need, and to guide you through each step of the process.
Don’t hesitate to contact us by phone, email, or in person for additional information, resources, and help navigating the mental health system.