AnxietyBC Launches Youth and Young Adult Website
Kaleigh on July 23, 2012
The other night my colleagues and I attended the launch of AnxietyBC’s youth and young adult website. The new website is interactive, with lots of information and tools that have been tailored for youth and young adults.
The site has seven main sections:
- Anxiety 101 helps you identify facts and myths about anxiety
- Facing Fears explains how to create a list of fears and how to build a fear ladder from this list
- Thinking Right helps you to take charge of your thinking and feel calm and in control
- How to Chill includes tools to help you relax, such as visualization, mindfulness and breathing exercises
- Healthy Habits has quick tips on sleep, physical activity, healthy eating and drugs/alcohol
- Common Problems has information on a number of common fears and worries that youth experience
- Videos includes a number of videos profiling youth discussing and facing their fears
The website is informative and has a ton of helpful tips!